We would like to inform you that our office will be moving to 1109 1st Ave. Ste. 212, Seattle, WA 98101 beginning September 26, 2022. If you have an appointment with us after September 26, 2022, you will have to meet us at out new address. Any correspondence after this date must be addressed our new address as well.
Rios Immigration Defense, P.S.

Challenging Cases. Extraordinary Commitment. Impeccable Integrity.

Rios Immigration Defense, P.S. Skilled Immigration Advocates For Your Family

Nothing is more important than family. Unfortunately, the family-based immigration process is often frustrating and complicated, throwing up roadblocks your way as you work to keep your family united. Having an experienced immigration attorney helping you navigate the process can make all the difference for the people you love most.

At Rios Immigration Defense, P.S., we are passionate about helping families achieve their version of the American dream. You can rely on our firm to be a strong advocate for your rights and provide you with peace of mind throughout the process as you work to bring your family together in the United States. We have learned that with zealous advocacy and hard work, nothing is impossible.

Who Is Eligible For Immigrant Visas?

Foreign citizens who wish to live permanently in the United States must obtain an immigrant visa and they must be sponsored by an immediate relative in order to apply. The immediate relative must be 21 years of age or older, and also be a United States citizen or green card holder (lawful permanent resident).

The two most common types of immigrant visas are:

  • Immediate Relative Visas: For a spouse, child or parent of a United States citizen.
  • Family Preference Visas: For more distant relatives of a United States citizen.

It is important to note that the ability of green card holders to petition for an immigrant visa on behalf of their loved one is limited. They can petition on behalf of a spouse or an unmarried child, while a United States citizen can petition on behalf of parents and siblings as well.

From Visa To Green Card

An immigrant can apply for a green card (lawful permanent resident status) after obtaining an immigrant visa. A green card can then be obtained through consular processing or – if already in the United States as a temporary visitor – through an adjustment of status. We can help you efficiently navigate this complex part of the process. We know how crucial this step is to your goals and look forward to helping you become a lawful permanent resident.

Let Us Help You

It is hard to know who you can trust to look out for your rights as an immigrant. We successfully handled thousands of cases and look forward to earning your trust. Call our Seattle office at 206-970-2781 or use our contact form to schedule a meeting with an attorney.